Restaurant Review- Banana Tree (Milton Keynes)

by - Thursday, August 18, 2016



I love this segment of my blog as I get to share my experience with my readers :-)

If you are a constant reader of my blog, you'll know how much I love to eat out and review food/restaurants...

I have been to Banana Tree Milton Keynes before but didn't really enjoy my time as my baby just didn't let me enjoy my food just because she wanted Mummy's attention.

Now this time, I visited when she is much older and could sit on her own high chair with a couple of colouring paper and pencils to play with.

For those who don't know, Banana Tree is an Indochinese restaurant that serve Vietnamese, Cambodian, Thai, Malaysian and Chinese Food.

Les start the review....



For starter I had Crispy Seafood Moneybags that contain King prawn, white fish, vegetable stuffed parcels, served with sweet chilli dipping sauce.

My Verdict- I really enjoyed them but I feel like there isn't that much stuffing in the bags, so it could have done with a bit more stuffing.




Main Course I had a mixture of things as I wasn't too pleased with the set menu so I kind of ordered a few things together for my main.

So I had the Blackened Chilli Beef (Bayswater) which consists of  Thin sliced steaklets in aromatic dark soy, palm sugar, chilli garlic & ground spices served with chilli.

I then ordered 2 more extra portions of Rice as this didn't come with the main, so a bit gutted we had to order that separate. And also the portion size is small.

I really enjoyed the Food, I must say the fresh taste got me and the authentic asian spices used just made it taste even better.







For drinks I had a Wild Strawberry Sparkler Mocktail that consists of Strawberry syrup, lemonade and squeezed fresh passion fruit and hubby had the Jack Daniels/ Contreau spirit.



 Even though I feel like their portions aren't generous, I was really full up by the time we finished our meal.

Price- A bit on the pricey side, a meal for 2 adults and a toddler cost us around £55 which includes Mocktails & glass of spirit

Ambience- Very child friendly, my daughter loved it as she got her own high chair that was connected to the adult chair, so it felt like she was seating on an adult chair even though its a high chair.

The waiters are so polite, the environment is very conducive and overall very comfortable, which even had a plug socket for me to charge my phone.

Overall I rate it 95% just because I would have loved if the portion size were a little bit more than it was. But all in all, I would definately recommend :-)






You May Also Like

1 comments