I personally don't like eating out on Valentines day as most restaurants are always chock a block, you never get time to enjoy your meal and they also give you a limited amount of time to be there and trust me this defeats the purpose.
So are you having a casual dinner at home or cooking to impress? I've put down a list of 5 easy, romantic dinners you can try out for you an your loved one.
I know you've got better things to do than fiddle about halving that spaghetti bolognese for six recipe, the below have been hand-picked for you for that fabulous dinner that were made for two. Go on, spend less time in the kitchen and more time having a chat over a glass of wine.
- A dash of peppercorn sauce added on a bed steak, roast potatoes and some mixed veggies could do on a very romantic Valentines night. Don't forget to include a bottle of Rose wine.
Recipe for this meal is available here-https://youtu.be/Z-_yHzAFXmw
- If you're not a fan of meat; you can opt out by serving some delicious Tillapia fillets on a bed of Asparagus & mixed peppers, served with new potatoes.
- Not forgetting my Afro-Carribean readers, you can go traditional by making some easy Jollof rice & mixed meat sauce.
- If you fancy a take out but you wanna cut down on costs; then why not try our home-cooked Chinese Beef Fried Rice. You can also opt out Beef and add Chicken, Pork or mixed vegetables.
- Finally if you don't fancy being in the kitchen too long; this is probably the best option for you. Super quick, tastes really good and also quite healthy. Grilled Plantain with stuffed scrambled eggs.