Breastfeeding in Public

by - Friday, January 22, 2016

Happy Fridayyyyy,

The weekend is here & I feel like this week went by so quickly; I also managed to get alot of things done and was mostly busy.



Ok so at a time whereby nursing mums are being attacked for breastfeeding in public, I was driving in North London the other day and I saw the below sign about breastfeeding mums.

Now there's been alot of controversy about people not being comfortable with mums who breastfeed in Public, and as a breastfeeding mum myself, I find it atrocious for people to condemn breastfeeding in Public.


Now children are very unpredictable and I am talking from experience here; my daughter was exclusively breastfed up until 6 months with no bottle feed.

We might be out shopping or taking a walk and voila, she wants a feed. Now this is a baby who completely refused bottle feed & I'm sure mums out there can testify to this.

As soon as I saw this post I was soooo happy, I felt a sense of relief in me. Obviously I do get a very funny look on people's faces when I breastfeed my daughter in public & this is not encouraging at all.

We all know breast milk is the best source of feed for a baby and to have people condemn this in public is very absurd.. Not even to mums who struggle to breastfeed, this can discourage them from even attempting to breastfeed their children.

This restaurant (Papa Del's) is based on Archway road London N6 and they do not only invite breastfeeding mums; they also offer them a free cuppa. Who doesn't like Freebies??  Well I do and thank you Papa Del's for this. I'll be seeing you soon :-)

The video at the bottom of this post is very disturbing to me, it shows a man who was extremely aggressive towards a breastfeeding mum on a train.

I'm not sure how I would have reacted if this was me, the video would go more viral than it has, trust me I'll go in on the man.







I'm definately going to be making a trip back to Papa Del's when next I touch down in London.



You May Also Like

0 comments