7 Tips to get you out of Bed

by - Thursday, January 14, 2016


Hey Foodies, so I'm still all about re-organising my life this year.

I used to have troubles getting myself out of bed in the past years and I have a few tips to share with you all if you find yourself in the same boat.

Are you having troubles getting yourself out of bed either to start the day or just getting out of bed in general?

Try these tips to get you up and going.

  1. Monitor your sleep rhythm with an app, it knows when your body should wake up. There are so many apps on the app store that do this. Sleep studio is one that I have been using; its a fab app that uses audio and video and really makes me sleep well, & wake up feeling refreshed.
  2. Put a glass of water next to your alarm, hydrating helps to get you out of bed and get on with your day.
  3. Play a game on your phone, listen to music, read a book or the bible. It gets your brain going.
  4. Keep your alarm across the room- This one is probably the most annoying as I have to get up to switch the alarm off; trust me it helps.
  5. Open your curtains before you go to bed, sunlight is nature's alarm clock so having a bright room will definately wake you up.
  6. Get a descent amount of sleep- Between 6 &9 hours is the recommended daily sleep for an adult; a regular bedtime ritual will help you wind down and prepare for bed. This also teaches the brain to become familiar with sleep times and wake times.
  7. Don't overdo it on the weekends, it may feel good to get 16 hours sleep; but trust me you are screwing yourself up for that Monday start
Try these tips above and I'm sure you won't have anymore troubles getting out of bed.

You May Also Like

0 comments