The most Important meal of the day!!

by - Sunday, August 09, 2015

Hey Foodies, have you ever wondered what the most important meal of the day is?

Breakfast, lunch or dinner???

Well I myself am more of a brunch person especially now that I'm on leave, I get to skip breakfast and by the time I know it, its 12pm and I find myself still making a bowl of cereal for myself just to quench that hunger.

During a busy morning, it is very easy to let breakfast fall low in your list of priorities, but taking just a few minutes to have something to eat can really make a difference to your day.

If you are busy working and you haven't got time to eat before leaving the house, there are lots of on- the- go breakfast ideas that can be eaten whilst you're on your way to work

Try the below breakfast ideas

Veggie Fritata:- recipe available here http://saiprojectscooking.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/vegetable-fritata-italian.html



cereal bars:- there are a bunch of bars available in supermarkets at really affordable prices



Smoothies



Fruits such as banana, grapes, strawberries, plums

Boiled eggs

Porridge

Toast
source:-athletics.carleton.ca


Breakfast provides many benefits to our health and well-being  

Eating breakfast also provides our body and brain with fuel after an overnight fast- which is where its name originates "breaking the fast". Without breakfast you are effectively running on empty just like trying to start a car with no petrol or diesel.

Nutritionists have also advised that breakfast should be consumed within 2 hours of waking and a healthy breakfast should provide calories in the range of 20-35% of our guideline daily allowance (GDA)

Research also shows that people who eat breakfast are less likely to be overweight and more likely to be within their ideal weight range compared with breakfast skippers like me lol :-(
If you skip breakfast, you are more likely to reach for high sugar and fatty snacks mid morning which is something I currently struggle with :-(

After reading this short post, I hope I have convinced you that....

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so stop skipping your breakkie :-)



You May Also Like

0 comments