The Secret to Cooking

by - Sunday, January 20, 2013

Let me start by saying "Welcome to my blog and have you subscribed to my Youtube channel? https://www.youtube.com/user/saioladeji?feature=mhee


"Nothing would be more tiresome than eating and drinking if God had not made them a pleasure as well as a necessity".  ~Voltaire
In order for you to enjoy cooking, you need to care about what goes in your stomach (lol); I say this to my loved & closed ones. For you to actually know what the secret to cooking a delicious meal is, you need to know what the ingredients contain and what it does to you. There is nothing more satisfying to me than cooking; I started cooking when I was about 17 which happens to be when I started living on my own with no mum's cooking or family nearby to teach me how to cook. I woke up one early morning and did not get out of bed until about 5pm simply because I was hungry, didn't know what to cook, how to cook or who to call to teach me how to cook. I managed to get myself on that amazing bus 182 to Brent cross London, with a few pounds in my bank account (remember i'm only 17 here so don't judge me lol) popped into M&S and bought myself a few chilled items. From Jumbo prawns(my bestest) to sweet chilli sauce, to rice, to noodles name it.To cut my story short, I got home with no help of the internet, got myself into that little kitchen of mine and literally chucked all my shopping together; it did taste nice but was too filling(lol). I found out that cooking is not as hard as it seemed, its just how and what you put together.

As time went by, I met my partner who is an absolute lover of cooked food and a hater of takeaways(lol), I knew that I had no choice but to take cooking as a chore and a hobby.

To all you food lovers out there, cooking is great fun and extremely impressive when inviting friends round for dinner... have I convinced you yet?
I know some of you might feel daunted by cooking but I am all about fresh simple ingredients and I have proven in my youtube videos that I keep things easy & simple and I won't let you down.

You May Also Like

0 comments