Pasta with Smoked Salmon and Bechamel Sauce

by - Sunday, January 27, 2013

I went on a brief trip to the biggest city in Italy (Rome) lol in my kitchen; I made a delicious, and when I say delicious I mean a very tasty dish inspired by my favourite Celebrity Chef (Gino D'acampo). I saw him make this dish on tv and it looked really complicated so I thought I'll add my own twist to it. Being a lover of cooking, I take certain and uncertain risks (if you are in the financial/business sector, you'll understand what I mean). I made this complicated looking dish very easy and it came out better than I expected. My Video Director (My hubby) had a bit too much and ended up passing out on the sofa before 8pm (lol).

Happy viewing and let me know what you think.


Ingredients & Step by Step Instructions:-

Cooking time 35minutes

Serves 4
250g Fusilli Pasta
20g Anchor butter for greasing
150g smoked salmon trimmings
2 tablespoons chopped chives
50g of Coloured Mature cheese
50g of Mature Cheddar cheese
Salt to taste

For the Bechamel Sauce
40g Anchor butter
30g plain flour
200ml cold skimmed milk
Pinch of grated nutmeg
Half teaspoon of smoked paprika

Bechamel Sauce

To make the Bechamel sauce, melt the butter in a pot or pan over mdeium heat, add the flour and stir until brown. Gradually whisk in the cold milk, lower the heat and whisk until thick. Once thickened, stir in the nutmeg, paprika, chives and black pepper. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.

Pasta

Fill your pot with three quarters full of water, add 2 tablespoons of salt and allow to boil. Adding salt to the water before adding the pasta allows your pasta to be in form.
Pour the pasta in and leave to cook for 2 minutes or as indicated in the packet. Drain the pasta and leave to cool for a few minutes. Grease your grill/oven dish with the remaining butter and add your drained pasta in. Cover it with the smoked salmon, cheese, chives(optional) and the bechamel sauce as you please. You can also add some breadcrums if you prefer your pasta really crunchy and place in the grill for 20 minutes on
moderately hot 375-400°F ♎ 190- 200°C


I hope this helps guys! so remember the next time you are making your pasta or spaghetti, remember to add your salt in the boiling water before adding your pasta or spag.

Thanks for visiting guys...xxx

You May Also Like

0 comments